Alice House Hospice respects our website users’ privacy.
- How Alice House uses the information you provide us with
- Communicating with you – our fundraising commitment
- Cookies and how we use them
In keeping with our commitment to protecting your privacy and in the light of the Data Protection Act 1998, this statement is intended to inform you of our data processing practices.
If you have any enquiries about this, please contact:
Communications: Tel: 01429 855555, Email: email@example.com, Postal: Alice House Hospice, Alice House, Wells Avenue, Hartlepool, TS24 9DA
How Alice House uses the information you provide us with
Alice House will collect limited personal data from you if you sign up to our Newsletter, enewsletters or any other element that requires registration on the website. We use your personal data to contact you with useful, relevant information regarding Alice House Hospice. Please let us know if you do not wish to receive further information from us.
From time to time we may need to share your contact details with a mailing house working on our behalf to send out our newsletters for us. We will not otherwise share any personal information with third parties such as a data bureaus nor do we swap mailing lists with any other organisation.
Please note we process online payments through a secure payments provider and we do not have access to your credit card or payment details.
You have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you and to have that information amended if it is incorrect.
Communicating with you – our fundraising commitment
- We will always take action if others acting on our behalf fail to meet our high standards.
- We will never phone you unless you have expressed an interest in Alice House Hospice.
- We will always check first that you are happy to speak to us when we phone.
- We will never sell your data to anyone else or share it without your permission.
- If you tell us you do not want to hear from us again, or want to hear from us less, we will respect that.
- It is easy for you to opt out from all future communications – you just need to tell us.
- We strictly adhere to all fundraising and data protection legislation and guidelines.
Our fundraising promise
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
- We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
- We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
- We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
- We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
- We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we have done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.
We welcome your comments
If you have any thoughts or comments about Alice House Hospice fundraising, please do get in touch. Please contact our Senior Manager Fundraising on 01429 855555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to high standards and are accountable for what we do and would be happy to hear from you.
If your comment or complaint is unrelated to fundraising but about our other services please read our leaflet for more information or contact the Senior Manager Clinical Services at email@example.com or telephone 01429 855555.
Cookies and how we use them
Which cookies we use
The cookies we use are predominantly ‘analytical’ cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
Cookies are also used:
- On our Fundraising Shop for the checkout process and to remember login details and information you supply.
If you have any questions regarding cookies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turning cookies on and off
Please be advised that certain parts of our website such as our Fundraising Shop will not work properly if you have certain cookies disabled.
If you wish to disable cookies, you can set your browser either to reject all cookies, to allow only ‘trusted’ sites to send them, or to accept only those cookies from websites you are currently using.
To find out how to turn cookies on and off in your browser, click on the relevant browser link below.
• Google Chrome*
• Internet Explorer*
• Safari IOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)*
• Google Android*
If you have any questions regarding cookies please contact email@example.com