Alice House Hospice are looking for an experience Complementary Therapist to offer treatments to our patients in Day Care on a voluntary basis.
You will be qualified to a minimum of level 3 in holistic therapies such as aromatherapy, massage and reflexology, and/or beauty therapy; an interest in Palliative care is also essential.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Adhere to Hospice Policies.
- Administer agreed therapy to patients in accordance of the Complementary Therapy policy and as advised by the Lead Complementary Therapist.
- Conduct therapies safely and to meet the patient individual needs, adapting treatments where necessary.
- Be respectful of patients dignity at all times.
- Provide precise and accurate records of treatments given.
- Report any concerns and seek advice regarding a patient to the lead Complementary therapist, Senior Health Care Assistant or Nurse Practitioner on Duty.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the work of the Hospice. Any necessary in-house training and support will be given.
If you have the necessary skills and qualifications please complete the application form below and return it to Emma Sanderson at Alice House Hospice.