Given up on your New Year’s Resolutions already?
Have you given up on your New Year resolutions already? Well Alice House Hospice can help you tick an important one off your list for 2019.
FREE enquiry packs are now available for this year’s Make a Will Month a campaign where solicitors offer their professional Will writing services free of charge in return for a one off donation to Alice House.
Two local solicitors have appointments available throughout May for you to have your Will professionally written; Tilly Bailey & Irvine Law and TMJ Legal Services.
Each year lots of people put off making a Will because they think they don’t need one. Whether you are a homeowner, married, unmarried, a parent or a carer; a properly arranged Will is essential. It can save your family a lot of heartache, unnecessary stress and cost, at what can be an incredibly difficult time.
Making a Will in 2019 will give you peace of mind that your money, property and possessions are dealt with in accordance with your precise, personal wishes. You may wish to leave a specific gift to a loved one, appoint a guardian for your children or you may wish to leave a gift charity.
Rebecca Jobson at the Hospice said, “If you have no Will then the rules of ‘Intestacy’ will apply which means that your estate will be divided in a way that may be against your wishes and if no living relatives can be traced then it could pass to the state.
There are many things to consider when thinking about your Will, including:
- How will my spouse/partner be provided for?
- What will happen to my home?
- Who will look after my children?
- Provisions for funeral arrangements.
- I am married and have children from former relationships.
- I am part of an unmarried couple – it is a common misconception that unmarried couples become ‘common law spouses’.
- I am a person with complex family relationships, I am separated, I am going through a divorce, I am in a dispute with someone.”
To get you free enquiry pack now call visit the Make a Will month page and complete the online form, we will send your pack out in the post for you.