We particularly value learning in and from practice and have formally recognised this by having a clinical staff member who leads in clinical education, working to support staff in clinical areas to ensure that practice remains relevant, up to date and of a high standard.
The benefits of working at Alice House Hospice include:
- Excellent training opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- We operate a defined contribution pension scheme as well as the option to join the NHS Pension Scheme if you are an existing member and meet the qualifying criteria
- Flexible working including compressed and annualised hours, flexi-time working and job share opportunities
- A childcare voucher scheme
- On-site meal facilities
- Full-time staff receive 25 days holiday and eight bank holidays a year while part-time staff receive holidays pro-rata to the number of days they work
- An excellent nurse to patient ratio
- Career breaks
- Occupational sickness benefits schemes
Alice House Hospice is committed to developing our staff, firstly, because we value them as individuals and, secondly, because we recognise that we can only continue to improve the high standards of care we provide by investing in their education and sharing new developments in palliative care and bereavement support.
Every member of our team has a job profile that outlines the skills and knowledge that they need for the job. A personal professional development plan is also developed with each person to help them develop and progress in their career. This is supplemented with appraisals and ongoing internal and external educational opportunities.
We particularly value learning in and from practice and have formally recognised this by having a clinical staff member who leads in clinical education, working to support staff in clinical areas to ensure that practice remains relevant, up to date and of a high standard. This member of staff also contributes externally to the development and provision of education relating to palliative and end of life care within the local area. We always encourage all clinical staff members to actively be involved with the education and development of their peers and our team, always striving to meet the individual needs of our patients and their families.